Share-Net Ethiopia is one of the country hubs of Share-Net International, the knowledge platform on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights. The other hubs being: Bangladesh, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Colombia, and Jordan. We work towards a world in which all people have the freedom of choice, are able to make informed decisions, can take action on their sexual and reproductive health and have access to quality care to meet their sexual and reproductive health needs and rights. We aim to strengthen linkages between research, policy and practice through sharing, generating, translating and promoting the use of knowledge for the development of better policies and practices in SRHR. Share-Net Ethiopia is hosted by the Consortium of Reproductive Health Associations (CORHA) which is a registered Organization in Ethiopia, under a registration Number 1424.
P.O. Box 14507
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on January 2022.
Share-Net Ethiopia website
The Share-Net Ethiopia website is a place where people can find more information about our country hub, e.g. in the about section. Visitors can find news, events, jobs and resources shared by Share-Net Ethiopia.
Personal information collection
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Share-Net International is the “data controller”.
We collect certain information or data about you when you call us, email us and use our services. This includes:
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address or telephone number if you contact us
- information about your use of our website services including what pages you visited, how long you visited the website for
- information that you provide for the purpose of registering and accessing our services including names, address, organizational data, email and telephone numbers.
- information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to our newsletter
The general categories of personal information that we may collect for the aforementioned purposes are as follows:
- contact phone number
- email address
- professional details
- organizational details
- social media links
When you register with us, you are agreeing that you are over 18 years of age or are acting with parental consent.
Using personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- administer and personalize this website for you
- enable your access to and use of the website services
- publish information about you on the website, providing you have given specific consent to do so
- send you updates and notifications relating to our services
- send you news and communications about the services you have expressed an interest in
- use your email address for survey purposes via a third party organization
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control your personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases:
Legitimate interests: we may process information on the basis there is a legitimate interest, either to you or to us. Where we process your information on this basis, we do after careful consideration whether the same objective could be achieved through other means and whether you would expect us to process your data, and whether you would consider it reasonable to do so. For example, in order to deliver our services for your benefit, we may share your personal data with a trusted third party organization for the purpose of our business activities or to conduct a survey to better understand your needs and requirements of us as set out in section
Where your data is stored
We store your data on our secure servers in the EU. It may also be stored outside of Europe, where it could be viewed by our staff or suppliers. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this.
Your personal data and third parties
Share-Net Ethiopia will never sell your personal data to third parties. We do share some personal data within partnerships when that is necessary in order to carry out our mission. In specific cases we also use systems or services of suppliers, where the supplier may also have access to data on our members. In all cases we ensure that these parties offer sufficient guarantees in terms of privacy protection and security.
Through our business activities, we may disclose your personal information to donors, consortium partners and subcontractors for purposes directly related to the management and delivery of our services. Those in question will be obligated to use the personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
We may also need to disclose your information if required to do so by law and for the purpose of defending our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention).
We take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. All personal information is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation.
By using our website services, you acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
Cross-border data transfers
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available around the world.
You agree to such cross-border transfers of personal information.
Data retention period
Personal data that we process shall not be kept for longer than is necessary. Our retention period is in line with our contract conditions with the donors we serve and the default legal standard retention period.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights in relation to the personal data we hold are expressed as follows. You have;
- the right to be informed about how we use your personal data
- the right of access to the data we hold
- the right to rectification of any data we hold;
- the right to erasure of your data
- the right to restrict processing of your data
- the right to data portability of your data
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling
If you would like any further information about your rights, please contact us by sending an e-mail to the Share-Net Ethiopia Coordinator, Dejene Getahun at: email@example.com
Accessing your personal information
Individuals can find out if we hold any personal information by making a ‘subject access request’ under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If we do hold information about you, we will:
- give you a description of it;
- tell you why we are holding it;
- tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
- Let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form. You may request a copy of the personal information by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Withdrawing your consent
You may exercise your right to withdraw your consent in relation to your personal data being used at any time by written notice to us via email to: email@example.com or by way of letter to:
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +251-1-911228516, +251-1-940271632 +251-1-118592641/42(off.)
By withdrawing your consent this does not affect the lawfulness or processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Visitors to our websites
When someone visits our website, we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behavior patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. The information collected by Google is anonymised. Your IP address is partially masked (namely the last octet).
We do not share data with Google for any reasons other than those stated and also do not use other Google services in combination with Google Analytics cookies, apart from the mutual exchange of web statistics and campaign statistics with our Google Ad Words account, for the purposes of tracking website use and conversion events. This method of measurement data exchange results in no or only a very limited infringement of your privacy, as no personal information is collected and we do not use these data to adapt advertisements to your personal preferences.
Our website contains buttons to promote (‘like’) or share (‘tweet’) webpages on social networks like Facebook and Twitter. These buttons work through snippets of code originating in Facebook or Twitter that place cookies in your browser. We have no influence on this. Read the privacy statements of Facebook and Twitter (which can change frequently) to find out what they do with the data they gather through these cookies.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential for the user to move around the website and to use its features
- Performance cookies: These cookies collect information about how the user makes use of the site, e.g. which pages the user visits most. These cookies do not collect information that identifies the user
- Functionality cookies: These cookies remember choices made by the user and enhance the features, e.g. language or users location. This cookie is also used to remember a user’s preferences for a font size, or customizable parts of a web page
Collecting information with cookies
- the website pages you visit
- how long you are on the website for
- whether you are a new or returning user
- how you came to the website
- the type of device and browser you use
Disabling or deleting cookies
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit About Cookies (opens in a new window) or All About Cookies (opens in a new window). If you disable cookies by blocking them, or delete cookies, the functionality of the website will likely be affected.